« A Canonical Journey through the Bible – Reading 11 | Main | A Canonical Journey through the Bible – Reading 12 »

05/24/2010

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a010536b6a8eb970b0134806f500f970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Why do we try to solve environmental problems by eliminating the cause?:

Comments

I think you hit on something important here. I think the reason that our first reaction is to eliminate the cause is because we all instinctively know that this is the only real solution, since it is the only long term one. The eliminating the causal connection would also work, however I think that this is usually beyond our control, at least in our everyday life. The isolation of B seems a bit like 'pushing something under the rug.' It seems like this is the solution which is often done, because it is easiest in the moment. I am a biblical theology major, not a science major so this next part may reflect that. I wonder if this is a product of a culture who, if their hearts were laid bare, would show that they have accepted the old Epicurean slogan as a life philosophy, "eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we shall die." And so what is under the rug sits there and rots for the next generations to clean up while the present one goes out and parties. Perhaps this sounds rather negative, but I think there is some truth to this.

The comments to this entry are closed.

The Working Class spotlights North Park University faculty and staff teachings, travels, and reflections on religion, evangelism, education, Bible readings, service, and our ability to impact the world through faith in action.
Blog powered by Typepad